Network Support Engineer
As Network Support Engineer you will be responsible for the installation / configuration, operation and maintenance of the infrastructural network of 32 different international locations (yards) of Damen. The activities mainly comprise maintenance of the existing network and participation in various projects, in which you monitor the operational requirements for the IT Infrastructure Support Department. You're part of the Infrastructure Support team (around 20 FTEs) and report to the Infrastructure Support Manager. Your office is in Gorinchem or Vlissingen, or both (depending on preference). Occasionally you will need to travel within or outside the Netherlands.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As Network Support Engineer you are responsible for:
- Installation and configuration of the network infrastructure;
- System monitoring, maintenance and control of the integrity, capacity and availability of the infrastructure. Testing of the network performance and reporting this;
- Proactively implementing improvements to prevent incidents;
- Upgrade and patching on a regular basis (Operations Management);
- Solving incidents and implement changes;
- Managing and keeping the system documentation up to date;
- Participating in projects and ensuring the correct results within the operational requirements;
- Preparing and reviewing network / infrastructure designs in line with corporate architecture;
- You have a standby duty about once every 4 weeks (telephone accessibility).
- Vocational degree in ICT;
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in a similar organisation within the industy;
- Knowledge of HP Procurve (HP Expert One Networking ASE) and/or Cisco networking (Cisco CCNP) and preferably knowledge of Citrix Netscaler, Microsoft Windows 2008/2012, VMware vSphere 5.x;
- Certified with: HP Expert One Networking ASE and/or Cisco CCNP;
- Fluent in English and Dutch both verbally and in writing.
As a Senior you are the driving force within the team, you are proactive and the first contact person for projects. A professional and flexible attitude to the (internal) customer is important. You work in an international team of approximately 20 FTEs (colleagues in different locations), you have to be able to work both in a team and independently. Within the team you have a great responsibility with regard to your own daily schedule
The Group Information Technology and Information Management (IT and IM) department is one of the pillars in the delivery of the ambitious business objectives of the Damen Shipyards Group. Managing growth by structuring the (digital) information on a global basis sets high standards on the availability and accessibility of our IT infrastructure. Some innovative projects are: Remote sailing / services, Big Data for Marketing & Sales, Cloud first policy, Global PLM implementation, High Performance Computing, 3D Printing, the internet of things, etc. The Damen Shipyards Group IT&IM department consist of circa 160 FTE, divided over: Solution Management, iPMO, Architecture & compliancy, Security, Application Management Services, Infrastructure & Operations Services. We deliver 24-7 availability services, to 38 entities and 4.500 users from service hubs in Gorinchem, Vlissingen, Vietnam, Romania, Ukraine and Singapore.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Friday 30 December 2016|
|Education level||Middle | High|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|