- Project Manager / Operations Director
Supervises / Manage the Site:
- Dredging Superintends, Sandfill Master, Workforce
Description of key result areas of department
- To execute activities related to dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available. Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting business user’s demands.
Job Description: Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function
- In close cooperation with PM everything that is required to perform his tasks properly
- Organizing and supervising the execution of the dredging works for which he is responsible according to the preset planning, budgeting and the applied methods, also observing the standards as to quality, safety and environmental care and with as little risk as possible to persons and equipment.
- Scheduling the deployment of personnel, dredging vessels, auxiliary equipment and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that all legal and contractual requirements are complied with as far as the execution of dredging works is concerned.
- Reporting of defects to vessels or their auxiliary equipment to the Technical Department, the Project Manager and the Head office
- Daily reporting to and consultation with the Project Manager, the Project Team and the Head office on the operational activities, more in particular on the progress of the works for which he is responsible.
- Execution of the work in accordance with the local environmental prescriptions and regulations
- Defend the Company’s viewpoints
- Study and implement methods increasing production
Planning & Execution:
- Setting up daily, weekly Operational planning and assisting setting up project team – Mobilization / Demobilization plan
- Assisting Setup Operational Budget
- Daily correspondence and contacts with PM and Third Parties
- Managing the Operations Team (daily meetings)
- Establish chapters of the final report of the Project-operations pertaining to performance, production, soil data and other price influencing elements
Responsibilities and Accountabilities towards HSE & QMS
All staff with management responsibilities shall demonstrate their commitment to the continual improvement of the HSE performance.
The WM will coordinate all project activities, and takes HSE very important to successfully complete all project activities.
- Demonstrating leadership and accountability towards safety by actively taking part in HSE meetings (e.g. inspections and audits; Incident Investigations; development of Safe Work Practices; Job Hazard Analysis; Risk & Impact Assessments).
- Setting an example for his colleagues by his own behavior and approach regarding HSE matters
- Take part in the review of the EMS and OHSMS to ensure their continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review shall be done by means of a Management Review Meeting and/or during other relevant meetings
- Ensuring the availability of resources to set up, implement and maintain (e.g. after changes) the QMS in order to meet the requirements
- Ensuring that risks and impacts are properly communicated to all supervisors and workers, and that work is carried out safely on a daily basis;
- Ensuring that the works assigned to him are executed safety and without risks for the health, quality and environment, both according to the customer’s requirements and those of the company.
- Responsible for the safety and health of the employees and Subcontractors, including the environmental performance
- Responsibilities towards emergency response are defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Master or Civil Engineer in Construction, Mechanical, Marine Engineering
- An online Engineering Degree is not valid
Relevant Technical Experience & Skills
- Technical, financial, administrative proven experience for conducting foreign sites and dredging activities
- Contractual & Financial understanding of project budget control
- Analytic capability
- Leadership capabilities & Organizational / Managerial skills
- Construction skills
- Ability to take responsibility and take decision based on the knows and unknowns
- In depth understanding of dredging processes/use of dredging equipment/ land reclamation/ pipelines etc.
- Ability to link survey-results ( calculation, heights, bench marks, charts, tolerances, etc.) to contractual implications
Industry Related Experience: Dredging
Years of Experience:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience on dredging projects in relevant role.
Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset
- Advanced skills in Excel, MS Projects
- Skilled in AutoCAD or equal program
- Oracle platform understanding is an advantage
Apply without account
National Marine Dredging Company “NMDC” aims to be the largest dredging player in the Arab’s Gulf region. Besides its mainstream business of dredging and land reclamation, NMDC targets to expand into complete marine works to include civil marine construction, off-shore civil works and procurement (EPC), With a well-planned expansion of the dredging fleet and backed by a re-structuring of its internal processes to improve on quality, marketing and talent acquisition, NMDC is set for the next huge leap.
|Date Updated||Monday 26 February 2018|
|Contact||Ms. Leasha Stone|
|Telephone||+971 2 513 00 00|
P.O Box: 3649 , Abu Dhabi,UAE
Address : Mussafah street 16