- Works Manager / Project Manager
Supervises / Manage the Site:
- Sand fill Master, Workforce
Description of key result areas of department
- To execute activities related to dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available. Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting business user’s demands.
Job Description: Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function
- In close cooperation with PM/Works Manager everything that is required to perform his tasks properly
- Organizing and supervising the execution of the dredging works for which he is responsible according to the preset planning, budgeting and the applied methods, also observing the standards as to quality, safety and environmental care and with as little risk as possible to persons and equipment.
- Is responsible for the execution of the dredging works. Organizes the work, so that the work is carried out to the required standards of safety and quality with a minimum of risk to persons and equipment
- Is responsible for the most cost-effective method of execution and monitors daily the actual – versus estimated output.
- Supervises the SDM on all operational planning and execution of dredging works and seeks together with SDM, Technical Superintendent and Production Department for the most productive way of dredging, i.e. the right choice of cutter, suction heads, impellers, number of pumps, choice of dredging cycle, etc.
- Daily reporting to and consultation with the Project-Works -Manager, the Project Team on the operational activities, more in particular on the progress of the works for which he is responsible.
- Reporting of defects of vessels or their auxiliary equipment to the Technical Department, the Project Manager and the Head office
- Scheduling the deployment of personnel, dredging vessels, auxiliary equipment and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that all legal and contractual requirements are complied with as far as the execution of dredging works is concerned.
- Reporting of defects to vessels or their auxiliary equipment to the Technical Department, the Project Manager and the Head office
- Execution of the work in accordance with the local environmental prescriptions and regulations
- Study and implement methods of increasing production
Planning & Execution:
- Follow the daily, weekly Operational planning and assisting setting up project team – Mobilization / Demobilization plan
- Plan upcoming activities (weekly) with WM & SDM
- Assisting Setup Operational Budget
- Ensure that the ship and all auxiliary equipment under his supervision is checked, that it is in good condition, and that defects are reported,
- Check that all hired plant equipment is safe and where appropriate periodic tests and inspections reports are available
- Takes control of the dredging process on daily base, checks productions and determines how to improve the productions in accordance with site constraints
- Establish chapters of the final report of the Project-operations pertaining to performance, production, soil data and other price influencing elements
Responsibilities and Accountabilities towards HSE & QMS
All staff with management responsibilities shall demonstrate their commitment to the continual improvement of the HSE performance.
The WM will coordinate all project activities, and takes HSE very important to successfully complete all project activities.
- Demonstrating leadership and accountability towards safety by actively taking part in HSE meetings (e.g. inspections and audits; Incident Investigations; development of Safe Work Practices; Job Hazard Analysis; Risk & Impact Assessments).
- Setting an example for his colleagues by his own behavior and approach regarding HSE matters
- Take part in the review of the EMS and OHSMS to ensure their continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review shall be done by means of a Management Review Meeting and/or during other relevant meetings
- Ensuring that risks and impacts are properly communicated to all supervisors and workers, and that work is carried out safely on a daily basis;
- Ensuring that the works assigned to him are executed safety and without risks for the health, quality and environment, both according to the customer’s requirements and those of the company.
- Responsible for the safety and health of the employees and Subcontractors, including the environmental performance
- Responsibilities towards emergency response are defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Organizing toolbox - meetings or delegating them to foreman / supervisors
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Master or Civil Engineer in Construction, Mechanical, Marine Engineering
- An online Engineering Degree is not valid
Relevant Technical Experience & Skills
- In depth understanding of dredging processes/use of dredging equipment/ land reclamation/ pipelines, cutter types, pick points etc.
- Ability to transform raw data ( CSV-files, loggings) into readable format and ability to interpret this format and come to relevant conclusion based on the converted raw date
- Implement dredging methodologies
- Analytic capability
- Leadership capabilities & Organizational skills
- Construction skills
- Ability to take responsibility and take decision based on the knows and unknowns
- Ability to link survey-results ( calculation, heights, bench marks, charts, tolerances, etc.) to contractual implications
Industry Related Experience: Dredging
Years of Experience:
- 2 to 3 years’ experience on dredging projects in relevant role.
Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset
- Advanced skills in Excel, MS Projects
- Skilled in AutoCAD or equal program
- Oracle platform understanding is an advantage
Apply without account
National Marine Dredging Company “NMDC” aims to be the largest dredging player in the Arab’s Gulf region. Besides its mainstream business of dredging and land reclamation, NMDC targets to expand into complete marine works to include civil marine construction, off-shore civil works and procurement (EPC), With a well-planned expansion of the dredging fleet and backed by a re-structuring of its internal processes to improve on quality, marketing and talent acquisition, NMDC is set for the next huge leap.
|Date Updated||Monday 26 February 2018|
|Contact||Ms. Leasha Stone|
|Telephone||+971 2 513 00 00|
P.O Box: 3649 , Abu Dhabi,UAE
Address : Mussafah street 16