- Operations Director
Supervises / Manage the Site:
- The entire Project Organization and Project Management team in particular
Description of key result areas of department
- Lead, direct, control and advice on the Projects’ resources and plan to maintain/improve the short and long-term financial health of NMDC Project’s.
- To execute activities related to dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available. Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting business user’s demands.
Job Description: Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function
- In close cooperation with Operations Director everything that is required to perform his tasks properly
- Responsible to deliver project successfully within project requirements
- Translation of the Company’s policy towards the Employees, Engineer’s and third parties.
- Organization and Supervision of the Execution of the Works described in the Contract
- Ensuring all legal and Contractual requirements of the Contract
- Reporting to Head Office
- Immediate reporting of accidents or particular events
- Responsible for the safety and health of the employees and Subcontractors, including the environmental performance
- Execution of the work in accordance with the local environmental prescriptions and regulations
- Defend the Company’s viewpoints
- Delegate tasks towards the site staff
- Study and implement methods increasing productions
- Approve: project documents, project organization charts, vendor documents, construction program, project budgets, project audit reports, training, Nonconformity disposition, material requisitions, engineering requisitions, suppliers, project recruitment, expenditure, progress claims, variation notices.
- Represent NMDC and the PMT in all meetings and matters retaining to the Contract with respect to the CLIENT and any third party.
- His objective is to organize, manage, monitor and control the project organization, execution and budget in order to undertake the scope of work and achieve standards of quality, schedule and costs as laid down in the Contract in the interests of NMDC with relation to the Contract.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities towards HSE & QMS
The head of the line management is the PM. He is the leader to the Project Management Team and is supported by the Project HSE Representative for HSE matters.
The PM is responsible for all project activities, including HSE. He will be the main interface with CLIENT for all matters.
- The ultimate responsibility and accountability for occupational health and safety on the project rests with the Project Manager.
- Demonstrating leadership and accountability towards safety by actively taking part in HSE meetings (e.g. inspections and audits; Incident Investigations; development of Safe Work Practices; Job Hazard Analysis; Risk & Impact Assessments).
- Setting an example for his colleagues by his own behavior and approach regarding HSE matters
- Verifying whether the different tasks are performed by qualified and competent personnel
- Carrying out inspections, reporting of nonconformities and ensuring that these are followed up;
- Ensuring that all employees understand the HSE regulations; including suppliers/sub-contractors
- Ensuring that accidents, near-misses and hazardous situations are investigated and corrective actions are taken;
- Ensure the availability of resources to set up, implement, maintain and improve the EMS and OHSMS.
- Communicating within the project organization the importance of meeting CLIENT Requirements as well as statuary and regulatory Requirements.
- Take part in the review of the EMS and OHSMS to ensure their continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review shall be done by means of a Management Review Meeting and/or during other relevant meetings
- Ensuring the availability of resources to set up, implement and maintain (e.g. after changes) the QMS in order to meet the requirements
- Ensuring that risks and impacts are properly communicated to all supervisors and workers, and that work is carried out safely on a daily basis;
- Organizing toolbox - meetings or delegating them to superintendents and foreman / supervisors(monthly)
- Ensuring that the works assigned to him are executed safety and without risks for the health, quality and environment, both according to the customer’s requirements and those of the company.
- Responsibilities towards emergency response are defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
Planning & Execution:
- Setup the daily, weekly Operational planning and setting up project team
- Setup Mobilization / Demobilization plan
- Setup Operational Budget & Tender Budget
- Deciding execution program, difficulties, changes in methods, etc.
- Daily correspondence and contacts with Client and Third Parties
- Ensuring all legal and contractual requirements for efficient administration of the Contract
- Takes control of the dredging process on daily base, checks productions and determines how to improve the productions in accordance with site constraints
- Establish chapters of the final report of the Project-operations pertaining to performance, production, soil data and other price influencing elements
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Master or Civil Engineer in Construction, Mechanical, Marine Engineering
- An online Engineering Degree is not valid
Relevant Technical Experience & Skills
- Technical, financial, administrative proven experience for conducting foreign sites and dredging activities
- Strong contractual understanding
- High financial insight of project budget control
- Strong analytic capability
- In depth understanding of dredging processes/use of dredging equipment/ land reclamation/ pipelines, cutter types, pick points etc.
- Leadership capabilities & Organizational Managerial skills
- Construction skills
- Ability to take responsibility and take decision based on the knows and unknowns
- Ability to link survey-results ( calculation, heights, bench marks, charts, tolerances, etc.) to contractual implications
- Having a problem solving mind and able to spread this attitude amongst his project team
Industry Related Experience: Dredging
Years of Experience:
- 10 to 15 years’ experience on dredging projects in leading role.
Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset
- Advanced skills in Excel, MS Projects
- Skilled in AutoCAD or equal program
- Oracle platform understanding is an advantage
Apply without account
National Marine Dredging Company “NMDC” aims to be the largest dredging player in the Arab’s Gulf region. Besides its mainstream business of dredging and land reclamation, NMDC targets to expand into complete marine works to include civil marine construction, off-shore civil works and procurement (EPC), With a well-planned expansion of the dredging fleet and backed by a re-structuring of its internal processes to improve on quality, marketing and talent acquisition, NMDC is set for the next huge leap.
|Date Updated||Monday 26 February 2018|
|Contact||Ms. Leasha Stone|
|Telephone||+971 2 513 00 00|
P.O Box: 3649 , Abu Dhabi,UAE
Address : Mussafah street 16