Design Engineer ILS
Within Products and Proposals the PLUS department takes up the responsibility for both Integrated Logistic Support parts of New Shipbuilding programs as well as Naval Service proposals which can include; Spare parts, Training, Refit/ Modernization and Service Level Agreements (SLA) Proposals. Our main mission is to contribute to our customers to achieve a high availability of its vessel(s) against controllable and lowest Life Cycle Costs. This all starts during the design of our vessels, as an astonishing 80% of all Life Cycle Costs and operational availability key performance indicators (KPI) are established during the design and development phase of any vessel. By taking the right decisions at the right time, significant cost reductions can be made and distinguishes our products against our competition. Activities within our department comprises amongst others for proposals: scope determination based on Client requirements, cost calculations and risk evaluation of the scope of supply. But also providing support to marketing of our products and product improvement are activities which are part of this department.
The Design engineer ILS plays a role in both ship new building proposals, for the integrated logistic part of the proposal, as well as acting as proposal lead for Naval Service/ Refit proposals. This often requires thinking out of the box in the development of the proposals to meet customer requirements and in the long run to increase customer satisfaction. The Design engineer ILS shall be required to provide support into enhancements (functional and technical subject matter expertise) to contribute to the development Product Lifecycle strategies.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supports ILS proposals to drive targeted results for schedule, quality and cost.
- Working in accordance to client specific requirements, DSNS processes and agreements with relevant stakeholders and departments within the company.
- Supports ILS and Naval Services proposals to maintain and enhance the quality standards.
- Drive new thoughts in approach, process and methodology, while respecting the work and processes of the past.
- Supports the Proposal team for full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the end-users.
- Being in full compliance with the business rules which are set by Damen.
- Supporting ILS/ Service proposals (specification and price) is day-to-day work.
- Driving results through accountability.
- Relevant technical study at BSc. Level or Secondary Vocational Education with working experience (mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, etc.).
- Knowledge and relevant experience with maintenance and /or ILS methodologies gained in the defence or within a complex technical environment.
- Operational / Logistic experience in the naval domain is considered a plus.
- Willingness in working with cross functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Basic knowledge of marine engineering/ mechanical engineering.
- Experience in proposal processes, preferable in de field of maintenance and/or ILS.
- Good command of English language (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel frequently.
DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Saturday 29 December 2018|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|