The Contract Manager provides contractual expertise and support for the commercial and operational departments. He/she gives pre- and post-contract-award support to Sales and Operational departments. For one or more projects you will highlight, evaluate and mitigate potential business risks to/for top management and ensure back-to-back coverage of main contract versus subcontracts. The type of projects are complex one-off projects related to the offshore industry, like cable laying, cruise ships and yacht support vessels. You will be working closely together with other contract managers and will report to the department head of the Contract Management Office. We are looking for an experienced professional preferable within the Maritime / Offshore industry.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Active management of contracts and providing support to Project Managers; advice, drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution of contracts. Monitor contractual agreements with customers, signal any deviations from contract;
- Provide recommendations and/or participate in negotiations with customer and/ or subcontractors on contractual clauses;
- Support Sales/Operations to ensure company products are offered with appropriate terms and conditions. Recommend changes where necessary;
- Provide contract clarifications and commentary to project team, typically for non-standard contracts;
- Ensure coverage of main contract is maintained throughout subcontracts;
- Handle all in- and outgoing claims, submit and track requests for modifications (VTC) and contractual requests of any other nature e.g. extension of time, prolongation or acceleration costs, loss of profit for the projects you are responsible for;
- Handle investigations and subsequently provide advice on contractual questions.
- University Degree;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, preferably within the Maritime / Offshore industry;
- Proficient knowledge of Dutch and English;
- A commercial and pragmatic nature.
Pre-employment screening and an assessment will be part of the selection process. At first a Damen labor contract of 6 months will be offered, after which a contract for indefinite period may follow.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- A competitive salary;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance (compensation of a maximum of 75 KM one way);
- Profit sharing & pension allowance;
- Continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Saturday 9 March 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|