- Gathering of relevant technical information of the mechanical systems.
- Dimensioning and sizing calculations.
- Writing of technical specifications based upon contract specification, rules, regulations and applicable standards.
- Discussions and negotiations with suppliers to determine final technical specifications.
- Technical evaluation of systems offered by suppliers.
- Preparation of the purchase orders in cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Final inspection at supplier.
- Technical support to the yard during installation, commissioning and trials.
- A technical degree preferably in mechanical or marine engineering at BSc. level.
- Affinity with or experience within the maritime industry.
- Verbal land written proficiency in the Dutch and English language.
- Decisive and structured way of working.
- Able to identifies issues and prioritise. Able to work as part of a team. Able to carry out tasks self-sufficiently.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Sunday 24 November 2019|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|