The Cost Engineer at Damen Verolme is responsible for processing and handling all project data related to budgeting, invoicing and contract variations.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Cost Engineer:
- Prepares and administrates all occurring accounts with regard to the repairs and modifications made to offshore, ship and industrial projects.
- Is responsible for obtaining all relevant documented information regarding work performed.
- Provides data for making a financial project report per assignment.
- Will be informed by the Project Manager about the nature of the work with extra and/or less work and drawing up an additional budget (cost-price calculation).
- Drafts a subsequent calculation and draws up and discusses the (draft) invoice and the order result with the Project Manager and the Business Manager.
- MBO Ship and yacht building / MBO Mechanical Engineering (secondary vocational education).
- Thorough knowledge of offshore modifications, ship repair and cost-price calculations.
- Good verbal and written command of both the English and Dutch languages. Administrative skills.
- Experience with software packages such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
|Date Updated||Thursday 28 November 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Group|
|Contact||Ms. Maureen Prins|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 181 234407|
|Fax||+31 183 639671|